A lot of audio enthusiasts would love to add a 15inch subwoofer in their car. Bigger speakers will provide more bass for your audio system and 15inch ones are a great buy considering their cost. We’ve gathered the best 15inch subwoofers in the market in order to help you with your research, so let’s have a look a the alternatives today:
- CONE: Made From Polypropylene, The AC15D 15 Inch Car Subwoofer Provides a Resilient And Durable Material That Can Offer Great Sound With The Advantage Of Long Lasting Subwoofers
- VOICE COIL: Our Voice Coils Are Able To Withstand High Temperatures Yet Maintain Its Strength And Fatigue Properties. Making Our Voice Coils With This Material, Gives Our Speakers The Advantage Of Longer Pay Times With Lower Weights
- SURROUND: Foam is very flexible, providing the subwoofer with higher efficiency. This also translates to better excursion. (How far the cone of a speaker linearly travels from its resting position).
- STAMPED BASKET: A Die-cast frame can absorb and transfer much of the energy produced by the speaker. It has good corrosion resistance, good mechanical property, high thermal and electrical conductivity and retains strength at high temperatures.
- SPECIFICATIONS: Resonant Frequency - 25 Hz, Sensitivity SPL (1W/1m) - 89 Db
- DIMENSIONS: Depth 15.3" x Width 15.3" x Height 7.6"
- WARRANTY: Planet Audio Provides a Powerful 3 Year Platinum Online Dealer Warranty So Long as The Purchase Is Made Through Amazon.com
- Black Steel Basket - 95 OZ Magnet
- Non-Press Paper Cone - 1000 Watts RMS / 2000 Watts Max Power
- Specially Treated Foam Surround - SPL: 92 dB
- 2.5'' 4 Layer Dual Voice Coil - Spring Loaded Push Down Speaker Terminals
- Dual 4 Ohm Impedance - Dimensions: 15.3'' (Diameter) x 6.3'' (Depth)
- Rockville W15K6D4 V2 K6 Series 15" Dual 4-Ohm Car Subwoofer. Peak Power Handling: 4000 Watts. Program Power Handling: 2000 Watts. CEA Rated RMS Power Handling: 1000 Watts.
- 3" 4-Layer Black Aluminum Voice Coils Wound with OFC (100% Copper) Wire. The wire we use is made in the USA! It is one of the most important components to make the sub high quality and last longer.
- Double Stacked 112 Oz High Quality Magnet. Cast Aluminum Basket With Black Sanded Finish Makes This Sub Very Efficient. Fiber Reinforced Ultra Stiff Black Non-Pressed Paper Cone.
- Thick Foam Surround Provides Incredible Sound Quality With Minimal Distortion. Red Stitching Cone Reinforcement Ensures Long Life. Polypropylene (PP) Dustcap.
- Two Chrome-Plated Binding Post Terminals - These are the best terminals on the market and they accept any gauge wire. Impedance: Dual 4-Ohm Voice Coils.
- Vented Hole on T-yoke Enhances Heat Dissipation. Special Custom Rubber Boot Magnet Covers Make the Woofer Look Nice and Protects the Magnet.
- Custom Rockville Mounting Gasket Looks Beautiful and Makes it Easy To Mount the Subwoofer Air-Tight. High BL Magnetic Motor Gap.
- We use the highest grade black glue that handles extremely high temperatures which allows our woofer to handle even more power than they are rated. Cutout Diameter: 14.09" inches.
- Mounting Depth: 7.4" inches. Frequency Response: 27 Hz - 1.5K kHz. 8mm T-Yoke + 8mm Washer. Sensitivity: 85dB. Sealed Enclosure Volume: 1.85 - 3.0 Cubic Feet.
- Vented/Ported Enclosure Volume: 2.75 - 4.0 Cubic Feet. Weight: 19.84 Lbs. Shipping Weight: 24.25 Lbs. Shipping Box Dimensions: 18.19" x 18.19" x 13.19" Inches.
- Max Power: 2500 Watts
- RMS Power: 1250 Watts
- 3" 4-Layer Black Aluminum CCAW Voice Coil
- Dual 2 Ohm Configuration
- High Roll Foam Surround
- 2.5" Dual 4-Ohm 4-Layer Voice Coil, Royal Blue Finish with Diamond Cut Accents, Die Cast Aluminum Voice Coil Heatsink
- Non-Pressed Pulp Cone, Polyether Foam Surround
- Nickel Plated 8ga Compression Wire Terminals, Dual Poly-Cotton Spiders, Die-Cast Aluminum Frame, Vented Pole Piece
- World's best subwoofer and value Best sounding, loudest bass for the buck
- Q Power Box Dimensions: 36" (W) x 16.25" (H) x 13.25" (D)
- PLANET AUDIO AC1500.1M 1500 WATT MONO Car Amplifier
- VM Audio Wiring Kit Included!
- 500 Watt MAX (1000 Watts Max Per Pair)
- American Bass 15" Woofer (TNT15) 1600 watts max 4 Ohm DVC
- DVC 4-Ohm 2.5 inch high-temp voice coils with Rubber surround
- Dual flat Nomex spider with integrated tinsel leads Polypropylene cone and Nickel-plated push and insert speaker terminals
- Double-stack magnet assembly with Heat-dispersing ported nickel plated back plate and Ultra ridged stamped steel basket
- Black chrome-plated gasket and High strength ABS motor cover
- Operates in sealed and ported enclosures
- Dual flat Nomex spider with integrated tinsel leads
- Heat-dispersing ported nickel plated back plate
- High strength ABS motor cover
- Operates in sealed and ported enclosures
- Black chrome-plated gasket
- 15-Inch Dual 2 Ohm Car Subwoofer
- Peak Power: 1200 Watts - RMS Power: 600 Watts
- 2.5" 4-Layer High Temperature Copper Voice Coil
- High Roll Foam Surround - High Flux Ferrite Motor
- Frequency Response: 29-300 Hz - Sensitivity: 85.9 dB
- 500 Watt MAX
- 250 Watt RMS
- Impadance: Single 4 Ohm
- Sensitivity: 90.3 dB
- Frequency Response: 25 500 Hz
What to consider when buying car subwoofers?
It is vital to make sure that the speaker can fit in your car as you need to measure the available space with amplifier and enclosure installed. Keep in mind that there are a lot of subpar performing models in the 15inch category so make sure that you pick a model that worths your money. You need a speaker that can handle a lot of power while producing good sound. In our list, there are also some budget-friendly alternatives for keeping the cost low without making compromises.
Not all subwoofers are able to balance power and precision. It is vital to pick a model that can provide deep bass and that can be achieved with higher output models. Look for models that come with great heat control and efficient response. A subwoofer is essential in order to reproduce those low frequencies that will improve your sound experience regardless of the type of music.
The RMS power rating of the speaker is an indicator of the ability of the speaker to handle continuous power output. It is essential to pick a model with a high RMS rating that would be a perfect match to your amplifier. When researching for a speaker it is vital to check their frequency range. Every speaker can reproduce different frequencies and for your next subwoofer, you need to pick a model that can reproduce as much as possible from the lower frequencies where bass relies upon.
Keep in mind, especially if you are planning to install the speaker yourself, that dual voice coils allow more flexibility when wiring. Depending on your amplifier, you need to check the RMS and sensitivity of the speaker for maximum performance. A great subwoofer would be able to handle 1800W RMS and 90db sensitivity. Make sure that it can reproduce frequencies down to 44hz.
Since adding a subwoofer if this size will greatly increase the weight of your car you need to look for a lightweight model. Keep a subwoofer from a reputable manufacturer that comes with a long lasting warranty. Look for UV coated foam surrounded speakers for minimizing distortion and also check for strong aluminum reinforcement fins for maximum durability.