8 inch subwoofers are quite common in enthusiasts’ car. The bigger speakers will be able to provide more great bass and 8 inch ones are a great buy for those with limited space. We’ve gathered the best subwoofers in the market in order to help you with your research, so let’s have a look a the alternatives today:
- Sensitivity SPL (1W / 1m) 85 dB, Resonant Frequency 39 Hz
- Polypropylene Cone, 2 Inch Aluminum Voice Coil, Foam Surround
- Sealed Enclosure Internal Volume: .35 Cubic Feet, Ported Enclosure Internal Volume: .9 Cubic Feet
- 3 Inch Round Port Circumference, 11 Inch Port Length, 40 Hz Port Frequency
- 4 Inch Mounting Height, 7.25 Inch Mounting Hole Diameter
- Dimensions: Depth 9" x Width 9" x Height 4.5"
- 3 Year Platinum Online Dealer Warranty
- Power handling: 200Wrms, 800W peak
- Sensitivity (@2.83V): 88dB
- Frequency response: 38Hz - 200Hz
- Voice coil diameter: 1.5 in (38.8mm)
- Impedance: 4 ohms
- Sensitivity SPL (1W / 1m) 83 dB, Resonant Frequency 49 Hz
- Polypropylene Cone, 2 Inch Copper Voice Coil, Rubber Surround
- Sealed Enclosure Internal Volume: .35 Cubic Feet, Ported Enclosure Internal Volume: .6 Cubic Feet
- 3.5 Inch Round Inch Port Circumference, 7 Inch Port Length, 52 Hz Port Frequency
- 3.6 Inch Mounting Height, 7.3 Inch Mounting Hole Diameter
- Dimensions: Depth 9" x Width 9" x Height 4.3"
- 3 Year Platinum Online Dealer Warranty
- Black Steel Basket - 40 OZ Magnet
- Non-Press Paper Cone - 400 Watts RMS / 800 Watts Max Power
- Specially Treated Foam Surround - SPL: 89 dB
- 1.5'' 4 Layer Dual Voice Coil - Spring Loaded Push Down Speaker Terminals
- Dual 4 Ohm Impedance - Dimensions: 8.2'' (Diameter) x 3.7'' (Depth)
- RMS power: 150 watts
- Max power: 300 watts
- 2" BASV premium voice coil
- Advanced air flow cooling system
- Pressed paper high strength cone
- 400 watts peak power handling for hard hitting bass
- Injection-molded polypropylene cone adds endurance and smooth bass
- Perimeter venting for thermal management under high power demands
- Stamped steel basket for durability
- High temp voice coil
- Single 10-inch subwoofer in black with built-in high-current amplifier for big bass
- Equipped with one 10-inch polymer-composite dynamic-balance cone driver
- Laser-based Klippel measurement technology for improved linearity and deep, precise sound
- Non-resonant all-MDF enclosure construction with 0.75-inch-thick baffles and internal bracing. Amplifier Continuous Power - 50 watts.Amplifier Dynamic Power - 100 watts
- Measures 14 by 14.38 by 16.12 inches (WxHxD)
- Polk Audio loudspeakers and subwoofers are capable of playing at extremely high volume levels. You should limit prolonged exposure to volumes that exceed 85 decibels(dB).
- Kicker 43CWR82 8" 600 Watt Dual Voice Coil 2-Ohm Car Audio Subwoofer
- Power Handling :
- Peak : 600 watts
- RMS : 300 watts
- Size : 8"
- RMS power : 400 watts
- Max power: 800 watts
- 8" shallow mount subwoofer
- 2" BASV voice coil
- Available in dual 2 ohm / dual 4 ohm coils
- RMS: 150 Watts
- Peak: 300 Watts
- frequency response: 25-250 Hz
- sensitivity: 84.8 dB
- top-mount depth: 3-7/8"
What to consider when buying car subwoofers?
What makes picking a subwoofer difficult is that fact that not all subwoofers are able to provide enough power and precision. Higher output models are the ones that can provide really deep bass and they come at a cost. It is wise to invest in a great subwoofer right from the start instead of trying the cheapest models in the market. A subwoofer is essential in order to reproduce low frequencies that will greatly improve your sound experience regardless of the type of music you like to listen to.
Make sure that the speaker you’ve chosen can fit in your car as you need to measure the available space with amplifier and enclosure installed. Pick a speaker that can handle a lot of power while producing great sound. In our list, you can find some budget-friendly alternatives for keeping the cost low without making compromises.
If you are planning to install the speaker yourself, keep in mind that dual voice coils allow more flexibility when wiring. Depending on your amplifier, you need to check the RMS and sensitivity of the speaker. The more the better. Make sure that it can reproduce low frequencies down to 44hz.
Since adding a subwoofer will also increase the weight of your car, you need to look for a lightweight model. It is wise to buy a subwoofer from a reputable manufacturer that comes with a long lasting warranty. Look for UV coated foam surrounded speakers for minimum distortion and also look for models that feature strong aluminum reinforcement fins for extra durability.
The RMS power rating of the speaker is an indicator of the ability of the speaker to handle continuous power output. It is essential to pick a model with a high RMS rating that would be a perfect match to your amplifier. When researching for a speaker make sure to check their frequency range as every speaker can reproduce different frequencies. You need to pick a model that can reproduce as much as possible from the lower frequencies in order to get great bass sound.
When listening to music, the deep and clean bass is impossible to achieve without using a subwoofer. The 8-inch subwoofers are the best option for anyone looking to add one to their car as it can provide smooth bass without taking some much space the that or There are plenty of options in the market today, but not all subwoofers are created equal. You need to pick a model that would match nicely your amplifier but also provide a clear and precise representation of those low frequencies. Picking a cheap subwoofer would result in an average listening experience so it’s vital to invest a little more in a great subwoofer once and for all.
Our recommendations are focused on those top performing subwoofers that come from well-known brands. This will ensure that the product you pick is up to the highest quality standards and provide powerful sound output. Pick a model that is made of high-quality fiberboard that would provide amazing precision with the quality made cone. Enlarged cones are able to produce big volume for hours, and this is vital for a well-built subwoofer.
Since you are looking for an 8inch model, you are aware of the space that a subwoofer requires for installation, so it’s vital to pick a compact design that is lightweight and can fit in small spaces. Some models are able to handle low frequencies brilliantly, so look for models that can handle down to 40 or even 30hz for the best representation of the music. Keep in mind that some models tend to be quite expensive, so take your time when deciding on a subwoofer as a great one will be of the best investments you made in your car audio.
Powered subs are typically compact enclosures that have speaker and amplifier included in one compact enclosure. They are suited for people that don’t like the idea of adding a component to their system and look for all in one solution. On the other hand, if you want to take your sound system on the next level you will probably go for separate components that you can match and get better sound and obviously acquiring the best of the best.