A quick chat with some friends revealed that herbal tea has been on their minds for the past few years aside from the regular tea. This can be because while the consumption of regular teabags is quite easy to find, herbal teas are yet to grab the market.
By definition, Herbal tea is an assortment of all-natural herbs. There are different formulations of the herbs, which may vary depending on a certain plant or plant extract (for example, ginger). Herbal tea is made available to customers in bottles of various concentrations like 100 grams in 1 Liter. In addition to that, you can also find Herbal teas available in packages of 100 grams. This will help in easy purchase and consumption. They are quite affordable, especially when compared to other herbal beverages. For this reason, many brands are now offering Herbal teas.
Herbal tea is made from herbs and leaves collected from plants and herbs. Herbal teas can be used for culinary purposes due to the way they impart flavor to foodstuffs. It can also be used in beverages for the same purpose. Herbal teas are a great choice for the health-conscious person who wishes to maintain good health and is aware of its benefits.
In recent times, herbs and herbal tea have become immensely popular among the general public due to their safety and effectiveness in preventing various ailments. This is not surprising considering that they provide a wide range of healing properties, and when used correctly, they have a long list of health-promoting and therapeutic effects. Tea is made from herbs, such as tea trees and leaves of Camellia sinensis. Tea leaves can be gathered from almost any herbaceous plant, such as the tea tree (Camellia sinensis).
Camellia sinensis, a deciduous evergreen tree in the family of the plants, belongs to the order (Magnoliaceae) of the Asteraceae family. Camellia sinensis is often described as the “Queen of the Tea Tree.” This is due to the numerous uses it is given throughout history, such as its ability to heal. It has been used in healing as well as to brew a variety of drinks. The medicinal uses of Camellia sinensis plants can be traced back to ancient China, where they were used as medicine. They have been used in traditional Chinese medicine since the beginning of time.
Camellia sinensis is native to Asia and is also called the “Queen of the Tea Tree.” It is mostly grown in Fujian, Taiwan, and Vietnam. It grows well in tropical and subtropical climates with hot winters. Because of its hardiness and high resistance to the weather, Camellia sinensis has long been used to grow as an ornamental plant in gardens.
Why do people prefer herbal tea over chemical and conventional drinks?
- Better Sleep: There’s evidence that suggests that drinking herbal tea helps promote better and longer sleep in the nighttime hours.
- Stress Relief: Some people find herbal tea pleasant and relaxing. This is because this tea can help reduce pain and stress. Some studies have revealed the benefits of caffeine along with herbal tea. For instance, these tea have a wide range of health benefits, not only health benefits. Drinking herbal tea can also help relieve stress, anxiety, or depression by stimulating hormones that are produced in response to stress (insulin, cortisol).
- Better Mood: Studies show that drinking herbal tea can help elevate mood and reduce symptoms of depression because the chemicals found in some types of herbal teas have been shown to affect brain chemistry and neurological functioning
- Headaches: Some of the chemicals found in teas are anti-inflammatory, meaning they reduce inflammation and help alleviate headaches.
- Improved Energy: These Herbal tea are good for the heart. This is because of the health benefits which this tea can provide and the number of tea leaves it can contain. Furthermore, these teas have several health benefits that range from anti-tumor to increasing memory. Studies have also shown that people who drink herbal tea often are more alert and have less depression than those who do not drink herbal tea.
- Clearer Skin: Herbal teas contain antioxidant properties, which help free up toxins from the body while simultaneously helping to keep skin younger looking longer
- Prevention of Cancer: Studies have shown that the chemicals and antioxidants found in herbal tea can help fight cancer by keeping cells healthy and functioning as they should.
- Reduction in Colds: Herbal tea helps your immunity to work at its best. It can also make you feel alert and rejuvenated at the same time. You can actually get the feeling of good health and fullness. With herbal tea, it’s no longer important to go for a lot of sugar. Herbal teas can be used to treat the common cold by fighting off infection and reducing inflammation due to being sick.
- Better Digestion: Herbal teas contain properties that promote digestion and keep your system working more efficiently than before.
- Weight Loss: The benefits of Herbal tea are not just limited to herbal tea consumption in general. In fact, it can even aid in weight loss as it does not only provide you with energy but also with energy which helps you burn fat. Also, it might improve your metabolism by making you feel more energetic, thus helping you lead a more active life. Herbal teas contain amino acids and carbohydrates that help regulate blood sugar levels and keep you feeling fuller longer, so you don’t eat as much or are likely to overeat.
Things to keep in mind
Precautions must be taken to decrease the risk of possible health issues. Some of the most important points that need a close watch on all herbal tea drinkers are:
- Always buy directly from the producer. Avoid any third-party retailers.
- Herbal teas should not be stored in direct sunlight.
- Always buy a bag or small container since the tea can get warm when allowed to be exposed to heat.
- Use herbal teas the best you can. They should not be overconsumed. Excessive consumption can lead to a variety of health issues caused by the high dose of chemical constituents.
- Never take herbal teas and/or herb supplements with medications.
- Never combine herbal teas in drinks or take a herbal tea and/or herbal supplement with any beverage.