Passion flower tea is the perfect when you’re feeling restless and can’t seem to get focused. The ingredients are simple, yet powerful, and the process for making it is easy. So don’t settle for feeling unfocused today! Give this brew a try and see what happens.
Passion flower tea contains the plant Passiflora incarnata which has been used in Europe and America for over 20 years. Passion flower tea is good for insomnia, anxiety, and stress, which makes it a great choice for relaxation. It also combats fatigue, so you’ll be ready to take on the day ahead! Like other teas, it can reduce the risk of heart disease by lowering cholesterol levels in the blood.
Passion flower tea can be bought in a dry form or you can make your own. To make your own, gather the following:
• 2 cups of dried passion flower (Passiflora incarnata) leaves and flowers, OR 1 cup of fresh passion flower herbs. If you’re using the fresh version, use them as soon as possible. Fresh herbs tend to lose their potency quickly.
• 1 cup of sliced green apples
• 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice, OR a few drops of lemon essential oil
• 2 cups of white or green tea (only if you’re making the tea from fresh flowers and herbs)
Here’s how to make passion flower tea:
- Place your passion flowers or fresh herbs in a pan, along with the sliced apples. Cook on low heat or in simmering water for at least 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Strain the passion flower-apple mixture after cooking and squeeze out any excess liquid. Add the lemon juice or essential oil and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- If you’re making tea, add your 2 cups of tea to your mixture and brew as you would normally do by placing your tea in boiling water for a few minutes (or if you’re doing it the old-fashioned way, steep it like regular tea).
- Drink your passion flower tea hot or cold. You can also use it to make ice cubes for your iced tea, if desired.
- Enjoy! But if you’re using passion flowers, be aware that the tea may cause drowsiness in some people.