Airsoft is an extreme sport that has grown in popularity in recent years. As extreme sport, it can be risky to practice it without taking the appropriate security measures. One of the most important organs you want to protect on your body are your eyes – I really doubt you could find replacement for them in the market. If you recently started to practice this cool sport or are thinking to start practicing it, we have prepared a short but effective Buyer’s Guide for Airsoft Goggles to protect your valued eyes. Let’s check it out.
Our recommended airsoft goggles:
- ☑Interchangeable lenses: 3 Color Lenses - Yellow & Smoke and Clear , rapid and tool-less lens change. The lens options make them great for any type of light in most circumstance and weather
- ☑Soft and comfortable hypo-allergenic rubber portion to sit well on your face, with a vented design to allow air flow
- ☑Scratch resistant polycarbonate lens with anti-fog coating provides 99% UVA/UVB protection.Full Seal Wrap-around Lens gives full side vision and maximum protection
- 【MATERIAL】: Lens is made of PC material offer 100% UV protection, very tenacious, wear-resistant, and anti-glare; Frame is made of high quality material with strong toughness, super impact-resistant
- 【REMOVABLE】: unique frame Slot design They're all wrapped in virtually unbreakable frames and amazingly ergonomics designs
- 【ADJUSTABLE ELASTIC BAND】: The high elastic band with adjustable buckle makes the set fit for any size of head, providing a comfortable wearing experience and well protection. No worry about its dropping from your face during your outdoor sports
- Comes with a clear, yellow, and smoke lens with anti-fog coating
- Includes a carry bag with spare lens pocket
- Fully sealed eye protection
- 3 Poly-carbonate lens withstand high impact (Gray, Clear & Yellow). Suitable for more occasions and weather.
- Full seal protection, Adjustable head band keeps your goggles tight. Cloth sleeve protects your lens and the back of your head.
- Firm, Durable and Portative --- Large PC lens for excellent peripheral and field of view with PC frame. It resistances to scratch, anti-collision, UV400 protection, Shatterproof.
- Package includes: 1 x steel mesh mask for Halloween, 1 x tactical goggles. The military mask is suitable for Costume Party, Halloween and Cosplay. Also a perfect gift for children, family and friends.
- Material: Protective half face masks: low-carbon steel; Goggles: ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene) plastic.
- One size fits all(Kids and Adults, Men and Women): There are 2 adjustable elastic strap with the metal half face mask that fit different head sizes.
- Indirect vented foam carriage provides maximum dust protection with sufficient airflow, providing an outlet for heat to reduce fogging
- Fully adjustable elastic strap with quick release attaches to temples providing a secure fit
- Meets ANSI/ISEA Z87.1 high impact requirements & Meets CAN/CSA Z94.3-0
- Quick release interchangeable temples and an elastic strap
- The thermal system provides anti-fog protection in the worst weather conditions or extreme-temperature working environments
- Meets ANSI/ISEA Z87.1, Meets MCEPS Class 1 Military standards, Meets CAN/CSA Z94.3-07 standards, CE EN166 certified
- Material: The metal half face mask is made of polyester fiber and goggles are made of ABS plastic and PC plastic, high-quality and durable.
- One size fits all: There are 2 adjustable elastic strap with the metal half face mask that fit different head sizes. The goggles is also adjustable. Metal Face Mask: L*W: 42*16cm(16.54*6.30in), Protection Goggles: Width: 18cm(7.09in), Height: 8cm(3.15in).
- djustable strap: The airsoft face mask safety strap is adjustable so that you can adjust its length to fit your face better. Perfect for riding, tactical action, outdoor CS, field paintball, skiing, snowboarding, cycling, etc.
- High ballistic impact protection - The strong, shatterproof polycarbonate lenses in combination with the soft foam seal protect your eyes against flying particles from all sides - Certified according to US ANSI Z87+.
- Perfect wearing comfort - Due to individually adjustable temples, a soft nose pad and a complete soft foam padding the glasses fit comfortably without causing pressure points.
- Versatile field of applications due to interchangeable temples - With the strap installed the goggles will gently wrap around your head and will not slip at all while maintaining high comfort - Useful for activities outside the shooting range, such as airsoft games or other sports.
- QUALITY:This product passed the ANSI Z80.3 drop ball test. At a temperature of -10 * C ~ 42 * C, the low impact force of the impact-resistant product scratches the lens is 420FPS (effective distance 5 meters). Not easy to be punctured and broken.
- HIGH TEMPERATURE:Because the lens material of this product is polycarbonate (PC material), it has the common problems of all PC materials-one will be deformed by overheating, so it is not suitable for high humidity and hot occasions (temperature higher than 42c).
- MATERIAL:The main material of the product is thermoplastic polyurethane elastomer rubber (TPU). After molding by our company's one-piece molding process, it has a memory function. No matter how it is bent, it will return to its original state after being released.
Last update on 2021-01-15 at 16:09 / Affiliate Links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Main features a good pair of Airsoft goggles must have:
As security goggles are one of the most important complements in the practice of Airsoft, the following are key factors to take into consideration before buying your pair of these.
Always try to find a product that comply as much as possible with the following features, this will ensure you the maximum protection for you and your eyes.
Also note that expensive doesn’t necessarily mean more protection. What’s important here is quality and the completeness of the product (regarding features)
Comfort and Adaptability
You are going to use your goggles during some hours, so it’s important the goggles can adapt without problems the form of your face. The goggles should not bother you if you are using other equipment such as a helmet.
It’s also important the goggles are lightweight because this can be helpful in critic moments where you need to rotate your head quickly.
Elastic straps are also a good complement on this regard because they are adjustable and can secure the goggles firmly to your head.
Resistance and Safety
This is extremely important. You must be sure the goggles comply with the standard ANSI 87.1 and Z87 in you’re in the USA – in Canada it is the CAN/CSA Z94.3-07, and Europe it would be CE EN166. This will let you be sure your lenses can endure the powerful shots.
You also need to be sure they cover all your face; be sure there aren’t openings that might let a steel ball to pass in and hit your face.
Tip: Never wear mesh goggles. They are prohibited in many practice fields.
If you are going to play outdoor, this is a key factor to protect your eyes. Verify they comply with the standard UV400. If you like to play indoors, it’s a good idea you consider buying modular goggles which lenses can be replaced.
At this effect, bear in mind the transparent lenses are good for playing at night, and the yellows for low light conditions.
Ventilation and Anti Fogging
As the best Airsoft goggles should cover the entire area around your eyes, they also need to offer proper ventilation to minimize the effect of excessive sweating. There are models having vented panels while other models have small fans to help you with that.
Regarding anti fogging, the goggle’s design is important because they must allow the air to flow out easily.
Whether you are a fan of Airsoft or any other extreme sport, never forget your health is first.
Don’t skimp resources when it comes to protecting your most fragile organs, specially you eyes. Always remember that without them, you couldn’t enjoy your favorite activity.