According to data, the number of individuals suffering from high cholesterol or cholesterol-related illness has actually been increasing. If you are looking for the ideal Test Kit for your house or workplace you have actually come to the best page. Discovering the best device is crucial as it can truly affect your life for the better. We did all the hard work and come up with a list with the best cholesterol test kits you can buy online.
- Includes CardioChek analyzer, 6 Total Cholesterol strips, 6 HDL Cholesterol strips, 6 Triglyceride strips
- 18-lancets, 18-capillary tubes
- CLIA waived for home use.
- Results in 3-5 minutes per strip
- CardioChek analyzer is required to use the test strips
- This product cannot be sold in New York State due to state law.
- All in one kit, easy to use, just 3 drops of blood measures LDL, HDL, Triglycerides.
- A real lab processed test - not a "guess the color change" test - as accurate as your doctor's test- without the hassles
- Just wake up and test, then mail the sample to the lab, no doctor's visit needed
- FDA approved, CAP Certified for accuracy and qualtiy control
- Prima Home Test 3 in 1 Cholesterol,Triglycerides,Glucose Complete Self Testing Kit
- Includes Cardiochek Home Basic Analyzer
- Includes 3 count Total Cholesterol test strips
- 3 count hdl test strips
- 3 count triglyceride test strips
- 9 capillaries and 9 lancets
- Contains plant sterols, clinically proven to reduce cholesterol, surpassing FDA dose requirements*
- Plant sterols are drug free and physician recommended for high cholesterol
- Contains 180 gummies (30 packages, each containing 6 gummies) in 3 great tasting flavors (orange, strawberry and raspberry)
- Vegetarian (no gelatin), no artificial flavors or preservatives
- Made in the USA with quality testing data available for each box
- CardioChek Cholesterol Testing Starter Kit
- CardioChek Cholesterol analyzer required (sold seperately)
- Designed to make testing easy and extremely accurate
- User friendly and feature rich, combining intelligent design with cutting edge technology
- includes Cardiochek Basic Analyzer
- Includes 6 count Total Cholesterol test strips
- 6 count hdl test strips
- 6 count triglyceride test strips
- 18 lancets and 18 capillaries
- CardioChek Cholesterol Test Strips Starter Kit includes all you need to start testing your Cholesterol and LDL levels. Includes 3 Triglyceride Test Strips, 3 HDL Test Strips , 3 Total Cholesterol Test Strips , Lancets and Pip
- Each packagae of strips includes their own separate Memo Chip which must be inserted into the device before the strip can be used.
- Note: This kit does not include the CardioCheck Blood Testing Device for which these strips are designed.
- CardioChek CholesterolTesting Starter Kit
- KITS NOT PERMITTED FOR USE IN MD, NY, NJ, RI.
- Lab testing made easy. Complete your sample from home and receive secure online results within days. This is NOT an at-home monitoring device.
- Measures Direct LDL (bad cholesterol), HDL (good cholesterol), Total Cholesterol and Triglycerides.
- Quick + easy sample collection - only a few drops of blood. We provide easy-to-follow instructions.
Kinds Of House Cholesterol Tests
There are 3 fundamental kinds of house cholesterol tests that can be bought online or at your regional drug store:
- Packages with test strips you check out aesthetically. You include a drop of blood from a finger check out the color and puncture modification after numerous minutes.
- The 2nd type needs acquiring a little analyzer, just like a glucose meter and costs more. You do a fingerstick, however, go into the strip into the analyzer, and it reads it. This is less susceptible to mistakes you may make in checking out a color modification yourself.
- The 3rd kind of test needs you to send out blood samples to a lab. You need to await them to return your outcomes, however, the analysis is done by specialists.
The FDA has actually authorized house cholesterol tests that determine overall cholesterol, high-density lipoprotein (HDL), and triglycerides. There is one that determines LDL. You have to examine the product packaging to see which of these your kit tests. Normally, tests carried out in a lab through your physician’s workplace will supply more detailed outcomes, typically consisting of low-density lipoprotein (LDL) triglycerides and levels. These are essential when identifying your general cardiovascular threat, and they are something lots of people wish to lower. It is best to utilize the most detailed meter or set to get these worths if you choose for house screening.
Selecting The Right Cholesterol Test Kit
If you have actually ever browsed for cholesterol screening package, you most definitely came throughout numerous items. Whichever the style, the primary goal is for it to determine the cholesterol in your body.
Quality: Constantly opt for an item that is made from quality products as this guarantees you of dependability and excellent service.
Precision: You need to choose a package that is understood to be precise and accurate. The incorrect outcome might result in you not following a healthy way of life.
Cost: The kits for examining cholesterol and blood sugar differ in cost. Due to the fact that it’s low-cost does not imply it is of bad quality, the finest isn’t really always the most costly and simply.
Expiration Date: Something that many individuals forget to do when trying to find the leading cholesterol test kit is the expiration date. An ended item is most likely to provide you this bad reading or work unpredictably.
Some house cholesterol test packages are as precise as the test your medical professional utilizes, however it frequently depends upon how specifically you follow the instructions. Precision likewise differs from brand name to brand name. The most precise test packages might be ones that are connected with a tracking program provided through the Centers for Illness Control and Avoidance. Numerous house cholesterol test kits determine just overall cholesterol. Some likewise determine high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol, and triglycerides– a kind of fat discovered in the blood. Low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol is not determined however is determined with a formula utilizing the triglycerides, overall and HDL cholesterol worths. Keep in mind, cholesterol management needs more than merely determining your cholesterol numbers. When choosing how to preserve your heart’s health, it’s crucial to think about other elements– such as household history, smoking cigarettes, and high blood pressure–. Your physician can assist you to find out ways to finest handle your cholesterol.
Some individuals have more problem in clearing triglycerides from the blood following a fatty meal. Since an uncommon hereditary condition called Lipoprotein Lipase Shortage (LPLD), for a really little number of individuals, this is. About 1 in 100 individuals have actually a condition called Familial Combined Hyperlipidaemia (FCH) where both cholesterol and triglyceride levels are raised, about 1 in 5000 individuals have actually a condition called Type 3 Hyperlipidaemia where both cholesterol and triglycerides are raised. Having actually raised triglycerides may be a sign of pre-diabetes or metabolic syndrome, so visit our area on Diabetes.
The most common question: What is cholesterol and what are the risks of high cholesterol?
Cholesterol is an organic molecule that is an essential substance for every living creature and when at normal levels it doesn’t put people at risk. However, if the concentration of cholesterol in the blood becomes too high it is a silent bomb for the body and puts people in danger. Every cell of our body, in order to function properly, when it comes to food digestion and production of hormones needs Cholesterol and can find it either in our food or has to create it. Cholesterol is always found in your blood and while it is needed from the healthy cells there is a chance of high deposit in your blood vessels. That would eventually mean an increase in the risk of a heart attack. Apart from the risk of heart attacks, there is also a chance for decreased blood flow that can eventually lead to a stroke. The most common cause of high cholesterol levels is our unhealthy lifestyle choices but it can also be inherited. Either way, regular exercise, and a healthy diet can greatly help in order to treat or even prevent high cholesterol.
What are triglycerides?
Triglycerides are the main constituents of fat in our body, the end products of digestion. Any food that is not directly turned into energy is converted to triglycerides. While most people are less considered of triglycerides’ levels, they are of equal importance to the levels of cholesterol.
What are the types of Cholesterol?
Cholesterol can be divided into two types: LDL (low-density lipoproteins) that is commonly referred to as bad cholesterol and HDL (high-density lipoproteins) commonly referred to as good cholesterol.
How can my lifestyle affect cholesterol?
You have to pay attention to saturated and trans fat, as well as sugars, that you consume through food. As a general rule, you have to remember that the less you consume of these, the better for your health. For example, while you calculate your daily calories, no more than 10 percent should come from saturated fat and sugar. The main principle is that you don’t have to worry about rising your cholesterol levels as your body will always be able to generate enough cholesterol for its needs. A healthy diet where for example butter is replaced with virgin oil can make a useful difference in your cholesterol levels. You can also try replacing processed snack foods with processed snacks like nuts and seeds.
What are the main functions of cholesterol?
In order to survive, our body uses cholesterol in order to structure cell walls, produce vitamin D and certain hormones but also digest bile acids.
What causes high cholesterol levels? Let me highlight a few factors that can increase the risk of high cholesterol levels:
An unhealthy diet based on saturated fat, mainly found in animal products or trans fat, mainly found on processed snacks, is a major factor that can raise your cholesterol level. Red meat and full-fat dairy products are also a factor of increasing cholesterol. Lack of exercise can also lead to lower HDL (good cholesterol) while increasing your LDL (bad cholesterol). Smoking cigarettes can also lower your HDL levels but also damage the walls of your blood vessels. Such a damage can lead to higher concentration of fat on them. Obesity is also in correlation with cholesterol as a body mass index greater than 30 can also lead to higher cholesterol levels. As you can see, our lifestyle determines the way our body works, so making significant changes in your diet and your daily habits can help you a ton while trying to fight high cholesterol levels. So keep in minds that even though it takes time to establish new habits, it is high time we pick healthy habits.
Cholesterol levels can also be affected by prescribed medicines or a special medical condition. It that’s your case, you should talk to your doctor in order to get some help and rule out possible causes like type 2 diabetes, underactive thyroid gland, kidney or liver problems. Diuretics, steroid hormones, immuno-suppressants, beta-blockers, and antidepressants are also considered to raise cholesterol levels so it’s always advisable to monitor your levels and consult your doctor in order to help you keep your cholesterol levels under control. Last but not least, high cholesterol can also be inherited, so if your parents or someone in your family had high cholesterol, you might have high cholesterol levels at some point in your life. Inherited conditions that can cause high cholesterol include Type 3 Hyperlipidaemia, Familial Hypercholesterolaemia (FH). Familial Combined Hyperlipidaemia (FCH), Lysosomal Acid Lipase Deficiency (LALD) and Polygenic Hypercholesterolaemia.
Which are the symptoms of high cholesterol?
High cholesterol levels don’t present any signs and unless you monitor your cholesterol levels it will go unnoticed. LDL (bad cholesterol) is the one responsible for building fatty deposits inside the blood vessels, which later turn into scars called plaques that are responsible for damaging and clogging the arteries. This process is called atherosclerosis and in plain English means hardening of the arteries that feed our heart, causing heart attacks or strokes in the long run. While high cholesterol has no obvious symptoms and early warnings it is advised to monitor your levels in regular intervals in order to discover any problem at its first stages. The American Heart Association advises to monitor your cholesterol levels every 4 to 6 year for a healthy adult and checked more frequently in case of someone with the risk of high cholesterol.
How to diagnose high cholesterol?
You can use a cholesterol test kit or visit your doctor in order to get a sample of blood that can be analyzed in a laboratory. It is advised to not eat or drink anything prior to the test, for at least 12 hours, so as to get accurate measures. Your doctor will advise on the safe levels of cholesterol but as a general rule LDL cholesterol should be less than 100 mg/dL, HDL should be 60 mg/dL or higher and triglycerides should be less than 150 mg/dL. The total cholesterol should be between 200 and 240 mg/dL, while over 240 mg/dLit is considered high. For adults, cholesterol levels under 200 mg/dL are considered healthy.
What are the most common complications?
Heart attacks are the most common complications. Symptoms of heart diseases are different between woman and men but generally can be summarised in extreme fatigue, chest pain, nausea, shortness of breath and pain in the neck, jaw, upper abdomen, or back.
Another common complication is that of a stroke, as the buildup of plaque can reduce the supply of blood to your brain. A stroke is a medical emergency and as such you need to seek medical treatment as soon as someone experiences symptoms like sudden loss of balance and coordination, inability to move, confusion, numbness in the face, arm, or leg, blurred or double or blackened vision.
How can I lower my cholesterol level?
A healthy and balanced diet is your very first step in order to reduce your cholesterol levels. It of high importance to reduce any fatty food from your diet and try to swap food containing saturated fat with fruits and vegetables. If you are a smoker you will have to gain healthy habits by giving up smoking and start regular exercising, exercise most days of the week for at least 30 minutes. A low-fat diet along with your new healthy habits can boost your physical activity while reducing your cholesterol levels so it’s high time you accept a healthy lifestyle in order to fight high cholesterol. You can also try to limit your alcoholic drinks per day and maybe start medication therapy.
What Foods Help Lower Cholesterol Levels and what food to avoid?
Oats, barley and other whole grains are cholesterol-lowering foods. Nuts, apples, strawberries, and grapes also help. Don’t forget nuts, citrus fruits, and fatty fish.
On the other hand egg yolks, shellfish and dairy products containing butter are known to increase cholesterol. You should also try to avoid processed meats, like bacon, fast foods like french fries and burgers and also remove red meat from your diet.