Over the years the oxygen therapy landscape has been changing as technology advances. The portable oxygen concentrators, are devices that help patients by providing them with higher levels of oxygen compared to the ambient air, so it’s essentialy a home oxygen concentrator but is a small, portable size. Even though this technology is quite new, we can already see huge leaps in technology that now enables patients with chronic lung diseases enjoy a better quality of life and stay active. Such devices work on the same principals as the stationary oxygen concentrators, but having a smaller device that is battery operated can be liberating. Today we will discuss the main brands that manufacture portable models, share the top ten lists of the best selling devices on online market places and throught our buyers guide and recommendations we will help you do some research in order to pick a new device for your needs.
Most patients don’t know the alternatives that are available so if you need to move from a stationary unit to a portable one have a look to the following best sellers list. Those units are the most trusted ones, with thousands of satisfied buyers that one where in a search like you. You can’t go wrong with any of these but feel free to read their reviews as buyers can provide a wealth of information for your research. In you have to time have a look at the section that follows where we will highlight our recommendations but also include a buyers buide for you to conclude everything you need in order to make an educated purchase.
- Supply continous flow 1-6L/min adjustable,delivers a steady stream of 90% pure oxygen out of normal air oxygen
- 45db quiet,Sleeping mode keeps silent for night time use when you sleep, Clear HD LCD screen easy to read and infrared remote control within 20m
- Could work 24/7,also with 3 hours time setting function,AC 110V(not battery powered),.
- Weights just 14.33 pounds, convenient to carry, can be used in a car for trip(a car adapter needed,DC12V to AC110V,120-130W).
- Built-in high frequency negative ion generator, molecular sieve imported from French,For customers in CA,please search B07B2QXYLQ to get it.
- Rated voltage : AC110V Concentrations up to 93%, the flow can be adjusted from 1L to 6L.Oxygen concentration :30%-93%（Usps air express delivery shipping）
- excellent filtering performance.Intelligent control is convenient to use.Mute design more comfortable,less than 45 db.
- Add Shockproof mat more secure.Bacteria filter oxygen more safe.Remote control operation more convenient.
- Oxygen stable.Small volume, convenient to carry.Timing function.
- Rated power : 130W Oxygen : separation by pressure swing adsorption Inhalation : ear type inhalation Nasal suction
- Supply continous flow 1-6L/min adjustable,delivers a steady stream of up to 93% pure oxygen out of normal air oxygen
- Update version of DDT-1A, more power saving of 23%(not battery powered), wise for long run and new design of flow control valve,much easier to operate
- 45db quiet,keep silent for nighttime use, Clear HD LCD screen easy to read and infrared remote control within 20m.Built-in high frequency negative ion generator, molecular sieve imported from French.
- Size:13.39*7.09*12.21 inches, Weights just 14.33 pounds, can be used in car for trip(a car adapter needed,DC12V to AC110V,120-130W)
- High elevation useable over 16,400'(about 5000 meters). For customers in California, please search B07CH8BKQ9 to get it.
- New & Improved Design: The first exclusive power saving mode(It takes only 1°to start up 7 hours).oxygen concentrator your intimate and comfortable health keeper; Operation Noise: ≤45db; Touch screen control, increase service life.
- USE:Each time you add water, do not exceed the maximum water mark. Normally it can be used for one week.
- Long Work Time: 3000h.(It is recommended to rest every 4 hours).allowing the user absorb the oxygen for longer. Two people can simultaneously absorb oxygen
- Intelligent Time Accumulation Function: 0-180 minutes timer range, easy to record oxygen time
- Material: Stainless steel mouth, stylish and durable; All copper non-oil compressor with overheat protective device
- Battery Operated, Portable design, Especially for home care ,offices, shopping, traveling,etc, outdoor application
- Continuous Flow,1-6L/min with 30%-90% purity, Only 1 L/Min, it is 90% purity
- 4 inch Color LED Screen, wireless remote controll, low noice, support two people to breathe oxygen at the same time, easy to solve the family's oxygen demand
- with top oil-free air compressors,Using quality outlet filter, with military standard , tested by the united states Nielsen, good filtering effect
- CE Certificated
- Supply continous flow 1-6L/min adjustable,delivers a steady stream of 90% pure oxygen out of normal air oxygen
- 45db quiet,keep silent for night time use when you sleep
- Clear HD LCD screen easy to read and infrared remote control within 20m
- Power saving mode, more eneregy efficient makes you electricity bill minimum,Power saving mode, more eneregy efficient makes you electricity bill minimum
- The infrared remote control, Auto power off for protection, Sleeping model, Function of system-board oxygen, Negative ion function for 500million per cm3, Timing function for 180min at most
- With FDA CE certification, to ensure the safe use of the machine and the stability of oxygen concentration.
- Flow ange:1-5L/min., adjustable as you need. 480 hours of continuous oxygen supply.
- Purify air, release the negative oxygen ion function.
- Real-time intelligent monitoring with clear LCD screen.
- Brand owners declaration: 1. Only goods buy from "yuwell" store can enjoy official warranty only. 2. Auxiliary identification Voucher: label at the bottom of the machine with the character of "SROUTE". 3. The host warranty is 1 years; Refund:100% refund if item quality defective.
- ★Airflow : Approx 3+/-1.5L/min(standard atmospheric pressure) Concentration: 28%+/-2%( standard atmospheric pressure)
- ★Easy to carry:Includes a Chargeable battery . can be used in car even the place without power supply (includes car adapter,DC12V to AC110V,32W).comes with a hand grip for easy carrying
- ★Easy to use:Simplified concise control system with intensive design under the control of only 1 knob.
- ★Charge 2 hours ,you can use for 1-1.5h .Connect the charger to continuous oxygen supply. There is no time limit, but it is recommended to take a 4 hour break. Applicable area 10㎡ below.
- ★Size:9.05*4.33* 6.29inches,Weights just 4.4 pounds.
- Ultra-quiet Portable Concentrators for Home Oxygen Therapy. Supply rich oxygen of 29+/-2% concentration by the means of vacuum pump and macromolecules.
- Power Consumption: average below 32W / Rated Voltage: AC 100-240V / 50-60HZ or DC 12-15V.Airflow output: approx 3 +/- 1.5L/min (standard atmospheric pressure)
- Provides ultra-quiet sound level of below 50 dBA (under typical use). Reduces noise complaints.The oxygen concentrator can be used in a car and even the place without power supply.Good for your travel.
- Easy to use ,simple operating system.
- Calms your mind and stabilizes your nervous system.
- ❤ 〖Advantage〗: Supply Airflow outlet 3L/min. Advanced technology incorporated for precise oxygen concentration control to 29%±2% for rich oxygen achievement. Noise below 48dB, it can work all the night.
- ❤ 〖Easy Carrying〗: Can be used in car even the place without power supply (includes car adapter, DC12V to AC110V, 32W). Comes with a hand grip for easy carrying.
- ❤ 〖Easy to Use〗: At present, portable oxygen generator is used for family health care, and also for outdoor use. But it is not recommended for severe patients. Simplified concise control system with intensive design under the control of only 1 knob.
- ❤ 〖Electric Quantity and Applicable Area〗: Normal charge for about 2 hours, use 1-1.5h. Connect the charger to continuous oxygen supply. There is no time limit, but it is recommended to take a 4 hour break. Applicable area 10㎡ below.
- ❤ 〖Size and Weight〗: Size: 9.84*4.72* 5.91 inches. Weights just 7.7 pounds.
Top rated brands
Here are some of the top manufactures of portable oxygen concentrators:
The Respironics products are known for their excellent battery life and have received excellent reviews from buyers but as you can imagine quality comes at a price. Their products are aimed towards high budgets but we can assure you that they worth every penny. If you think that when it comes to your health, money is not an object, then we encourage you to have a look at and
HouseHolde Server offers a variety of products that can cover your needs. Their oxygen concentrators come that is battery operated, but they also include products that can be powered from a car battery https://amzn.to/2sdJsIU , or even a Their car battery powered model is a good option if you .
To be honest, Yuwell models offer great design that can easily suit your lifestyle thanks to their modern look. Their entry model is while their larger capacity model is . For those looking for a portable and quiet oxygen concentrator can have a look at .
Denshine offer an oxygen concentrator that can but also a . Both models have excellent reviews, althought if you look for the smallest portable oxygen concentrator you may have to look for another brand.
One of the smallest concentrator in the market is the . This models includes a bacteria filter and intelligent controls making this concentrator an attractive choise for a great price. If you look for a 6L intelligent concentrator Vinmax has you convered with their larger model also .
One of the cheapest oxygen concentrator of the market . But don’t that fool you as it packs all the features you will find at various higher priced models. If budget is limited then look no further as this one is also one of the quietest model you can buy.
The is one of the smallest you can find on the market. It’s price is easy to justify and its small size make this one ideal for those that want extra portability. On the other hand Zorvo also makes models of yet they are still easy to carry due to their small size.
We had to include Bainuo model into the list as is the absolute cheapest we could find. As you can imagine the cheapest model of the market is in high demand so don’t be discouraged if its out of stock. It’s an excellent choise for those on a budget but who has to hurry when you see them back in stock.
Portable Oxygen concentrators are generally not cheap so it’s better to pick wisely and order a model that suits your need right from the beginning. Set your budget from the start but keep in mind that it may be better solution if you buy a used unit in case your bugdet is really limited.
Oxygen Generating Capacity:
It is vital to pick a model that suits your medical needs. In most cases the flow is described as liters per minute (lpm) but since latest technology offers also pulse mode you may see that in the description of the machines. This settings means that the oxygen is delivered each time the patient takes a breath and can be adjusted to your needs.
FAA Approved Oxygen Concentrators:
It is of high importance to get a FFA approved unit if you are planning to travel via airplane. Generally speaking FFA approved units are the safest and most reliable units anyway for you may opt for one from the beginning.
You can find models that weight a lot more than the others. Be careful with your choise as larger and heavier models are generally aimed to be used for 24 hours while smaller ones are ideal for daytime use.
Most models can be powered by your wallet outlet but there are also a lot of models that can be powered by your car batery or batteries. If you decide for a battery powered unit keep in mind that there are batteries that can last only a few hours at max. It is advisable to pick a model with higher capacity batteries so as to be future proof. If your device is used a lot while traveling you should better opt for a larger battery anyway, but also buy spare batteries if you can.
Most of the models come with particle filters that are removing dust particles from your oxygen supply. However if the patient has a weak immune system it may be better to look for models that also feature antibacterial filters.
Althought most portable units are very quiet it is advisable to check the decibels levels of the products you are interested in, especially if you want to use the unit in a noise sensitive area.