Traveling with your baby can be challenging and these portable beds are a must have so as your baby can rest in a familiar environment when away from home. We’ve compiled a list of the best portable beds for toddlers you can find today in order to help you travel safely and comfortably, so let’s have a look:
- HIGH-QUALITY MATERIALS PROVIDE THE ULTIMATE COMFORT: Ultra-soft and breathable fabric allow for perfect head, back and neck ventilation. Memory foam construction cushions and supports baby, creating a cocoon they enjoy laying in.
- USE IT WITH ALL YOUR BABY GEAR: This insert adapts to every type of bouncer, rocker, swing, stroller and more, which makes it an essential accessory for your baby's comfort, whether your little one is laying down to play, rest or sleep.
- FLAT-HEAD SYNDROME PREVENTION (PLAGIOCEPHALY): Pediatrician designed to distribute pressure evenly over the skull while baby lies on their back, which helps the baby develop the proper head shape
- BENEFICIAL DESIGN SOOTHS BABY: Ergonomic headrest and body support with padded edges are made for optimum comfort; It creates a nest that reassures baby and guarantees an ideal position.
- SAFE AND UNIVERSAL: The Cozymorpho can be used with 2, 3 and 5-point harnesses.
- PORTABLE - This travel toddler bed folds simply for easy travelling, plus you can conveniently store some items inside.
- SAFE - The included soft bumpers help keep your child in the bed and off the floor.
- COZY - The bed features a durable outer material plus a soft cozy velour inside to create an attractive sleep environment for your little one.
- CONVENIENT - The mattress cover is machine washable, and it comes with a bonus washable fitted sheet to make your life easier.
- SIZE - The bed measures 25"x14.5"x27" when folded,and 55"x26"x7" when open. The bumpers are 7" high on the outside, and 4.5" high on the inside. The mattress is 48"x20".
- Updated design with mesh panels, breathable fabric, and a locking frame provides both comfort and peace of mind
- Four-point Safe-T-Lock System for safety and security. Machine washable
- Double locking tubular steel frame is strong and durable
- Mesh panels provide air flow for maximum comfort
- Lightweight design and carry handle.Material: Polyester, Steel, Cotton
- It's a lounger bed to rest and play, and even a comfortable cushion for your baby to get a diaper change；
- Super soft, with excellent air permeability on the back and neck, comfortable and breathable;
- The baby mattress meets the orgonomics design, offering effective flat head snydrome prevention；
- It's a portable cot that offers a safe and soothing environment for your baby and toddler；
- No flame retardants or other harmful chemicals are used.
- Mesh sides provide a clear view of baby and help air circulate to protect baby from overheating
- Sturdy metal frame fold flat for travel,Dimensions: 32"L x 14.5"W x 11"H
- Soft, comfortable fabrics
- Includes mattress pad and fitted sheet
- Age Range: Birth until baby begins to push up or roll over
- Un-folded: 16.5 x 28 x 6.2
- Head and foot barriers minimize risk of entrapment
- Folds for travel and storage
- Machine-washable sheet and cover
- Two AA Batteries required for nightlight
- Used in adult bed between pillows
- Removeable full size bassinet
- handy Diaper stacker and mobile
- One hand locking mechanism
- Easy to move with locking wheels
- Easy compact fold
- Package Dimensions: 15" x L x 16" W x 6" D 3 LB
- Bassinet Dimensions: 31" x 18" x 6"
- Waterproof Bottom for on the go adventure
- For the "it has been four days since I've showered" moments: Smart and Simple Playard
- Turns out those tiny little people we bring into our homes don't understand the concept of "time to ourselves." So, when you really need a break, create a safe space for your baby within your eye line so you can get a minute to shower or drink a cup of coffee
- We love the Smart and Simple Playard because it's the perfect place for rest, changing, and play
- The OneLessStep feature provides easy folding and transport, and almost every part can be easily removed and cleaned in your washing machine
- Pro tip: Use the convenient side storage pockets to store diapers, wipes, and toys so everything is within reach
- Machine-washable fabrics in easy zip-off pieces: mattress, DreamCentre and changing table.
- Elevated changing table flips out of the way when not in use
- One Less Step - quickly fold and go without removing the bassinet
- Travel bag is included
- Creates separate sleeping space for co-sleeping babies in the adult bed and also for use as a travel bed or daytime napper
- Two rigid, vented wall units serve as a barrier between baby and adult bedding and rollover
- Soft nightlight for easy checks on baby
- Folds easily and compactly for travel
- Not for use in cribs and bassinets. Requires 2 AA batteries (not included)
What to consider when buying a portable bed for a toddler?
Seems you will most likely have a lot of baggage when traveling it is wise to keep a practical yet lightweight bed that can fit in your luggage or car. A portable bed will help you carry and transport it but make sure that the one you choose provides enough space for the baby while also being safe without letting the toddler move out of it easily. If the bed you choose fold into a cocoon or tent it is vital to make sure it provides good airflow in the inside.
It is wise to invest a little more to get a portable bed that is made of durable materials and comes with a comfortable mattress as most of the cheap alternatives to come with ultra-thin uncomfortable mattresses. Always check that the bed you’ve chosen is appropriate for your child’s age as some as suitable for newborns while others are designed to accommodate taller toddlers.
Make sure the portable bed is easy to set up and tear down. Most of them are super quick and simple to pack but there are also some that may require more than two hands to pack which will make your life a lot more difficult. The best material for a portable bed would be PVC as they are more durable in the long run but there are many rubber and plastic alternatives that can be found for a lot cheaper if you are on a limited budget.
There are different types to choose from depending on your needs. You can find pop-up toddler beds, fold up bed or air mattresses among others. The folding travel beds are quite common as they require no assembly and can easily unfold during the day when you need it. They are ideal for older kids as most don’t have protective sides, and can be easily used as a carry on luggage when traveling on an airplane. The air mattresses on the other hands as inflatable models that come in different sizes to choose from and most ofter the times don’t have protective sides too. When choosing a model, keep in mind that there are also hat might be quite an attractive alternative as your kid grows up.
Such beds are designed to be used by kids between 1 to 5 years old and probably an older kid won’t fit comfortably. By that time you should be looking for regular kid’s travel beds on the market. Pick a portable bed from a reputable brand and it’s advisable to invest a little more and get a well-designed product that is backed by a long warranty. Make sure that the bed is washable as you need to keep the bed clean and this will come in handy when traveling. Look for any extra accessories that may be included in the bundle, like a travel bag, that may be nice to have and also keep the cost down without having to buy them separately.