The market is full of options to consider with different types of vacuums to choose from. You can choose either upright, canister, handheld, stick or even robot vacuums. I would like to highlight things you need to consider while reaching, along with a list of the best options that can be found on the market today. So let’s have a look at the alternatives:
- Capacity (volume) : .55 gallon; Strongest suction of any vacuum; Even more power for tough tasks
- Self adjusting cleaner head seals in suction across carpet, wood, vinyl, and tile floors
- Tangle free turbine tool, stair tool, combination tool included
- Whole machine HEPA filtration ensures allergens and bacteria are captured and trapped
- Hygienically empty the bin with the push of a button
- Every BISSELL purchase helps save pets. BISSELL proudly supports BISSELL Pet Foundation and its mission to help save homeless pets.
- Dirt cup capacity - 1. 0 liter. Triple action brush roll + scatter-free technology maximize pet hair removal even if its embedded
- 27 power cord automatically rewinds for quick and simple storage
- Swivel steering makes cleaning around furniture and obstacles a breeze
- Edge-to-edge cleaning feature reaches closer to walls and into corners with each pass
- Includes specialized pet tools like the pet hair corner tool and the pet turboeraser tool
- Cord free; Hassle free; Powerful suction; Washable lifetime filter
- Upto 40 minutes run time when using a non motorized tool
- Lightweight and versatile, for easy home cleaning; Instant release trigger means battery power is only used while its cleaning; Requires charging for 4 hours minimum before first use
- Direct drive cleaner head; Upto 8 minutes of fade free power (in MAX mode); Drives stiff nylon bristles into carpets to capture deep down dirt
- Designed to deep clean homes with pets; Whole machine filtration captures allergens and expels cleaner air than the air you breathe; Upto 25 minutes of working time with motorized floor tool attached
- Powered by the Dyson digital motor V8 and engineered to pick up ground in dirt and fine dust from hard floors and carpets
- Cord free, Hassle free, Powerful suction for versatile cleaning
- The V7 Animalpro+ includes dollar 60 worth of extra tools for whole home cleaning. Includes Flexi Crevice tool, Mini motorized tool, Stubborn Dirt brush, Combination tool, Crevice tool, Direct Drive cleaner head, and docking station
- Upto 30 minutes fade free power; Actual runtime will vary based on power mode and/or attachments used
- Quickly converts to a handheld for quick clean ups, spot cleaning and cleaning difficult places; Balanced for cleaning Uptop, down below and in between
- The direct drive cleaner head drives bristles deeper into the carpet to remove ground in dirt; It has 75 percent more brush bar power than the Dyson V6 cord free vacuum
- Mini motorized tool tackles hair and ground in dirt on upholstery and in tight spaces
- Powered by Dyson Digital Motor V10
- Direct Drive Cleaner Head For All Floor Types
- Transforms to a Handheld
- 4 Tools For Whole Home Cleaning
- Up to 60 Minutes Fade-Free Power When Using Non-Motorized Tool
- Dust cup capacity 2. 8 quarts; The vacuum that deep cleans now cleans itself; The zero m self cleaning brush roll delivers nonstop hair removal
- Powerful upright vacuum suction to pick up embedded debris, stubborn pet hair, and more
- Lightweight design allows for easy maneuverability and portability
- 3XL capacity for long cleaning sessions with fewer interruptions to empty the dust cup
- Anti allergen complete seal technology and a hepa filter trap dust and allergens inside the vacuum cleaner
- Dust cup capacity 1.5 quarts; Shark's original full sized Powered Lift Away; The canister detaches to deep clean hard to reach areas while still delivering power to keep the brushroll spinning
- Anti Allergen Complete Seal Technology and a HEPA filter trap dust and allergens inside the vacuum
- XL capacity with full size performance. Hose length (feet): 6
- Fingertip controls allow you to easily switch from Hard Floor to Carpet mode
- SUPER CLEANING POWERONSON LATEST VERSION supports quiet, powerful 250-watt suction in MAX mode, suck up dust,pet hairs on hardwood floor minutes.
- CORDLESS CONVENIENCEWireless design help you get rid of hassle of a cord, and still provides an impressive 20Kpa of suction to give you a deep, thorough Cleaning.
- LIGHTWEIGHT PLUSWeighing under 3.08lbs,easy to clean up high, down low and everywhere in between. It can also convert into a handheld vacuum, and comes with two snap-on tools.
- NOISE FREEAside from general loudness, ONSON Vaccum Sweeper operated at lower frequencies, which sound less annoying, giving you a quiet cleaning experience.Best gift for Mothers Day.
- WHAT YOU GETAdditional to the machine, you can also get an extra sweeping brush, 2-in-1 vacuum dusting brush, crevice tool ,and charging adapter.
- Twice the suction of any cord-free vacuum.
- High torque cleaner head intelligently adapts to different floor types in auto mode
- Dyson Digital motor V11 helps deliver 40% more suction power than the Dyson V8 cord-free.
- Whole-machine filtration captures 99.97% of microscopic dust particles as small as 0.3 microns.
- Upto 60 minutes fade-free floor cleaning; Actual runtime will vary based on power mode and/or attachments used.
- 14 cyclones generate forces of more than 79,000 gram to fling microscopic particles into the bInches
Last update on 2020-03-25 at 14:59 / Affiliate Links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Our recommended vacuums:
This upright vacuum cleaner is among the best options in the market today. If you are after an upright model, then look no further if it fits your budget. This model is a bag-less one, than thanks to its design it can be emptied very easily with the push of a button. Like all models from Dyson, this includes HEPA filtration so that allergens and bacteria capture can be trapped while cleaning. It features a powerful motor with strong suction that can help you clean your home and remove pet hair with less effort. I like the fact that it comes with lot of accessories like the Turbine and stairs tool which makes cleaning a breeze. Overall it might seem a little pricier than other models in our list, but if it fits your budget this one definitely worth every penny you are going to invest. I suggest you have a closer look at this if you prefer upright style vacuums.
I wanted to add this to this list as this is a great alternative if you are on a limited budget. This model from Bissell comes in a upright style which will allow you to cover large areas easily. It design will allow you to clean near edges and furniture quite easily too. This vacuum comes with specialized accessories for pet hair which will help you clean hair from corners with minimal effort. It features 1 liter bin capacity and has a simple filter that is replaceable. If you look for an affordable upright vacuum this is your best bet and thanks to its large bin and long hose this is a great investment without breaking the bank.
Dyson V8 Cordless Stick
If you are looking for a cordless option to clean your home, this is the one I would recommend the most. I has a bin with 0.14 gallons capacity that can be easily emptied when needed. This model features a powerful motor despite being cordless so you can easily clean around your house without worries. The battery will provide up to 8 minutes of cleaning in full power. Without using the motorized tool it will allow for up to 40 minutes of run time, compared to 25 minutes run time with the motorized tool attached. This is pretty handy for a cordless vacuum and the washable filter means one less thing you need to replace to keep it working. The filter can capture allergens so you will have a clean house and cleaner air too. Overall, if you are after a rechargeable option, this is a great option if it fits withing your budget. I would suggest having a closer look while researching.
Dyson V7 Pro+
This is a great all in one solution from Dyson that can be found at an attractive price. The Animal Pro+ features a great set of tools that can help you remove stubborn stains, pet hair and dist quite easily. This models is a cordless vacuum that can operate up to 30 minutes and its design allows you to clean difficult to reach areas easily. The attachments are ideal for cleaning hair from corners and the brush is quite handy if you need to clean your carpet. Overall a versatile solution that comes as a great bundle that would otherwise would cost a lot more if bought separately. If you prefer cordless vacuums make sure you check this one while researching.
Dyson Cyclone V10
I really like the design of this vacuum since you can easily use it as a stick or quickly transform it into a handheld vacuum. It features a powerful motor that can provide great suction power for up to 60 minutes before recharging. Comes with a 0.2 gallons bin and but easily be emptied when needed. This is a great lightweight option for anyone looking for a versatile vacuum cleaner since the handheld version will allow you to easily clean spots through out the day with no cords attached, while the stick variations is ideal if you need to clean larger areas or hard to reach places. This is not among the cheapest options on the market, yet it definitely worth a closer look if you are looking to invest in a handheld vacuum.
The Shark Navigator is a great option for pet owners and thanks to its attractive price it is also a budget friendly option. This model features a HEPA filter that can trap allergens and dust for a cleaner air in your home. It features a very large dust bin which is ideal for anyone cleaning large areas or wouldn’t mind emptying the bin less frequently. Its design allows you to clean around furniture easily and the cleaning brush is ideal for pet hair removal even on larger rooms. Overall a lightweight and easy to use vacuum cleaner that can help you clean larger homes with fewer interruptions in order to empty the dust bin. Even if you are on a limited budget, this is a great upright vacuum to include in your research.
Another great all around solution from Shark, the Rotator is an upright vacuum that can be used on both carpet and hard-floor. Its unique design allows you to use it as a hand vacuum so you can easily clean hard to reach surfaces and stairs. The long hose is also quite handy for that and the 1.5 gallon dust bin makes cleaning large homes even easier. It features a HEPA filter that will trap allergens and dust while cleaning allowing for cleaner air too. Overall a lightweight and versatile solution, so if you like its design it definitely worth checking.
I decided to include this model from ONSON in this list as an alternative to similar stick vacuums that might sound expensive to anyone with a limited budget. If you like the idea of a stick vacuum that can transform to a handheld one easily, this is a great budget friendly option. It features a powerful brush-less motor that can provide great suction power and help you clean dust and hair from your home. It is lightweight comes with various attachments that can help you at the daily cleaning tasks. The battery can provide up to 18 minutes of run time as full power which can be plenty for small touch up cleaning. Overall this is a stick/handheld vacuum with a cordless design that won’t break the bank, so consider having a closer look while researching for your next purchase.
Last but not least, the Dyson V11 is a great option for anyone that wants the best regardless of budget. This is a very powerful motor from Dyson, offering even more suction power that its predecessors. This models has a unique filtration system that can capture dust particles for a cleaner air in your house due to its cyclone design. The Dyson V11 can easily transform between handheld and stick form so you can easily adapt it to your daily tasks. It features a long lasting battery that can reach up to 60 minutes of run time on the lowest suction power. Overall, if you are looking for the a great cordless vacuum this is among the best options you will find on the market. Definitely a worthy candidate if it fits your budget.
What to consider when buying a vacuum for pet hair?
Vacuum cleaners are essential tools for any household, but if you need to clean pet hair off carpet and furniture you really need the right vacuum for the task. There are a few things you need to consider while researching, in order to invest in the right product. Take into consideration how often you would use the vacuum. The size of your household is also a determining factor. Last but not least, the floor surface or use of carpets would influence your final decision.
Throughout the years canister and upright vacuums the most popular choice while robot vacuums have a listen glee step up their game. On the other hand, handheld and stick vacuums are ideal for small households. If you need to cover a large area an upright vacuum is an excellent choice, while I canister type will offer greater maneuverability around furniture.
Some of the most popular models come with HEPA filters. HEPA stands for high-efficiency particulate air and it is designed to remove 99.97% of particulars thus reducing the number of allergens in the air. Keep in mind that HEPA filters have to be replaced on a regular basis in order to remain effective filtering out particles. Nowadays you can find vacuums that come with non-washable filters that can last for a lifetime, while other manufacturers implement washable filters in their models.
When narrowing down your list, you need to consider the performance of the vacuums. When it comes to vacuums metrics like watts horsepower over the motor are not important. What we really want to focus is the actual suction power of the vacuums. Manufacturers refer to this as air watts or cubic feet per minute. As you may have guessed, the higher the number the better the suction power of the vacuums.
Pick a vacuum that comes with the accessories you consider to use often. In most cases a telescopic extension wand is essential allowing you to clean hard-to-reach spots in your home. Some vacuums even come with grooming kits so they can suck pet hair while your pet gets a new haircut. If you pick a canister vacuum, keep in mind that a long hose will offer you great maneuverability. Moreover, a long power cord we make your life easier, especially if you need to clean large surfaces.
The vacuum will need to store dirt and dust it collects. You will find vacuums on the market. You can find models on the market that are used with bags, while bag-less vacuums are also a popular choice nowadays. Their capacity will determine how often you have to empty them, and while a bagged model might be cheaper to buy, you need to consider the ongoing cost of the bags.
Choose a model from a reputable brand like Dyson, Shark, Miele and Hoover. You can also go for Bissell, Eureka or Kenmore if you have a !omitted budget. Look for models that are backed up by a long lasting warranty and have spare parts in case you need to service them.